6 Feb 2013

discovery





Her chatter centres around a never ending symphony of questions. Her cobalt blue eyes implore an answer to queries I've never pondered before; nor often know the answer to. I adore her inquisitiveness but the constant journeys into the dark and dusty corners of my long term memory are often causing my brain to hurt. A globe has been purchased. An atlas will soon follow.

The stars I know, geography I don't. Composers, literature, artists and theatre all flow freely from me. Mathematics and  how mechanical things move will however, always cause a furrowed brow. The natural world is a wonder I am eager to explore with her and one that my beloved is so rich in knowledge. Papa always knows what bird it is.  Together we know a lot of this magnificent planet but our combined well of knowledge only runs so deep. The best we can do is dive into this world of discovery with her...eyes wide open.

Steph x

A serendipitous find of "old school" carnations led to a wonderful discovery about plants. Of course my girl chose blue. Never one to waste a drop of beauty these blooms have since been pressed and used to adorn thank-you cards for her birthday.





8 comments:

  1. I'm going to try that - great project for kiddies and mum to try! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great little experiment for curious, inquisitive little ones :) Love that the petals have been put to good use too. You are such a clever, resourceful, thoughtful Mama xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. exploring the world through the eyes of our littles we see a whole different landscape, one that is more crisp, more sound and wonder-filled than one ever could have imagined, it is a world unknown to us until our child slips up next to us and takes our hand in theirs. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how beautiful an inquisitive mind is. I can't wait to learn from my child as I am most definitely lacking in the maths and science departments. the blue flower trick is amazing, have you tried any "magic trick" sciences? My dad is a magician and knows them all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was like that when I was small (used to drive Mum crazy, particularly when I wanted to know how traffic lights knew when to change), and now I'm a scientist ....maybe your inquisitive girl will grow into a scientist too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It;s funny steph how there are things I could chatter on about with my youngest and other such topics leave me baffled. The other day whilst at the library Ms M found herself a book on Zebra's determined to find the right answers than what her mumma could provide. Loving the blue carnations...wishing you merry days filled with wonder xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that is incredible that the water colour changes the colour of the flowers. I mean, logical, if I think about it, but still, something I didn't know. I, too, adore the questions. We look a lot up online. Yesterday we looked at videos of baby snakes getting out of their egss ... because they don't have beaks or arms, so how do they get out? Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete

Your words brighten my day! Thank-you so much for joining me on my adventure. x